Effect of H on the conductivity of transparent conducting oxides
- A. Portoff, S. Venzie, M. Stavola, W. B. Fowler, and S. J. Pearton, Determination of dielectric axes and transition moment directions in β-Ga2O3 from the polarization dependence of vibrational spectra, J. Appl. Phys. 127, 055702 (2020).
- Y. Qin, M. Stavola, W. B. Fowler, P. Weiser, and S. J. Pearton, Hydrogen centers in β-Ga2O3: infrared spectroscopy and density functional theory, ECS J. Solid State Sci. Technol. 8, Q3103 (2019).
- P. Weiser, M. Stavola, W. B. Fowler, Y. Qin, and S. J. Pearton, Structure and vibrational properties of the dominant O-H center in β-Ga2O3, Appl. Phys. Lett. 112, 232104 (2018).
- P. Weiser, Y. Qin, W. Yin, M. Stavola, W.B. Fowler, and L.A. Boatner, Symmetry and diffusivity of the interstitial hydrogen shallow-donor center in In2O3, Appl. Phys. Lett. 109, 202105 (2016).
- W. Yin, Y. Qin, W.B. Fowler, M. Stavola, and L.A. Boatner, Interstitial hydrogen in VO2: vibrational spectroscopy and density functional theory, J. Phys. Cond. Matter 28, 395401 (2016).
- W. Yin, K. Smithe, P. Weiser, M. Stavola, W.B. Fowler, L. Boatner, S.J. Pearton, D.C. Hays, and S.G. Koch, Hydrogen centers and the conductivity of In2O3 single crystals, Phys. Rev. B 91, 075208 (2015).
- F. Bekisli, W. B. Fowler, and M. Stavola, Small polaron characteristics of an OD center in TiO2 studied by infrared spectroscopyPhys. Rev. B 86, 155208 (2012).
- F. Bekisli, M. Stavola, W.B. Fowler, L. Boatner, E. Spahr, and G. Lupke, Hydrogen impurities and shallow donors in SnO2 studied by infrared spectroscopy, Phys. Rev. B 84, 035213 (2011).
- G. A. Shi, M. Stavola, and W. B. Fowler, Identification of an OH-Li center in ZnO, Phys. Rev. B 73, 081201(R) (2006).
- G.A. Shi, M. Saboktakin, J. Stavola, and S.J. Pearton, “Hidden Hydrogen” in as-grown ZnO, Appl. Phys. Lett. 85, 5601 (2004).
Impurities in Si solar cells materials
- M. Stavola, S.K. Estreicher, and M. Stavola, Light-element impurities and their reactions in multicrystalline Si, Solid State Phenomena 205-206, 201 (2014).
- H. Zhang, M. Stavola, and M. Seacrist, Nitrogen-containing point defects in multicrystalline Si solar-cell materials, J. Appl. Phys. 114, 093707 (2013).
- C. Peng, H. Zhang, M. Stavola, V. Yelundur, A. Rohatgi, L. Carnel, M. Seacrist, and J. Kalejs, Interaction of hydrogen with carbon in multicrystalline Si solar-cell materials, J. Appl. Phys. 109, 053517 (2011).
- S. Kleekajai, F. Jiang, M. Stavola, V. Yelundur, K. Nakayashiki, A. Rohatgi, G. Hahn, S. Seren, and J. Kalejs, Concentration and penetration depth of H introduced into crystalline Si by hydrogenation methods used to fabricate solar cells, J. Appl. Phys. 100, 093517 (2006).
- F. Jiang, M. Stavola, A. Rohatgi, D. Kim, J. Holt, H. Atwater, J. Kalejs, Hydrogenation of Si from SiNx(H) films: Characterization of H introduced into the Si. Appl. Phys. Lett. 83, 931 (2003).
Band gap shift of dilute III-N-V alloys caused by H
- L. Wen, F. Bekisli, M. Stavola, W.B. Fowler, R. Trotta, A. Polimeni, M. Capizzi, S. Rubini, and F. Martelli, Detailed structure of the H-N-H center in GaAs1-yNy revealed by vibrational spectroscopy under uniaxial stress, Phys. Rev. B 81, 233201 (2010).
- F. Jiang, M. Stavola, M. Capizzi, A. Polimeni, A. Amore Bonapasta, and F. Filippone, Vibrational spectroscopy of hydrogenated GaAs1-yNy: A structure-sensitive test of an H2* model, Phys. Rev. B 69, 041309(R) (2004).
H2 in Si
- C. Peng, M. Stavola, W. B. Fowler, and M. Lockwood, Ortho-para transition of interstitial H2 and D2 in Si, Phys. Rev. B 80, 125207 (2009).
- G.A. Shi, M. Stavola, W.B. Fowler, E E. Chen, Rotational-vibrational transitions of interstitial HD in Si, Phys. Rev. B 72, 085207 (2005).
- M. Stavola, E E. Chen, W.B. Fowler, G.A. Shi, Interstitial H2 in Si: Are all problems solved, Physica B 340-342, 58 (2003).
- E E. Chen, M. Stavola, W.B. Fowler, and P. Walters, Key to understanding interstitial H2 in Si, Phys. Rev. Lett. 88, 105507 (2002).
- Identification of Defects in Semiconductors, edited by M. Stavola, Volumes 51A (1998) and 51B (1999) in the series Semiconductors and Semimetals (Academic, Boston).
- S. J. Pearton, J.W. Corbett, and M. Stavola, Hydrogen in Crystalline Semiconductors, (Springer-Verlag, Heidelburg, 1992).
- Microscopic structure of NHn complexes in dilute nitride semiconductors revealed by their vibrational properties, M. Stavola and W.B. Fowler, in Hydrogenated Dilute Nitride Semiconductors: Theory, Properties, and Applications, ed. G. Ciatto (Pan Stanford, Singapore, 2015), Chapt. 5, p. 129.
- Hydrogen in Si and Ge, S.K. Estreicher, M. Stavola, and J. Weber, in Silicon, Germanium, and Their Alloys: Growth, Defects, Impurities, and Nanocrystals, edited by G. Kissinger and S. Pizzini (CRC Press 2014), Chap. 7.
- Vibrational Spectroscopy of Light Element Impurities in Semiconductors, M. Stavola, Chapt. 3 in Identification of Defects in Semiconductors, edited by M. Stavola, Vol. 51B in the series Semiconductors and Semimetals (Academic, Boston, 1998)